Saturday, January 24, 2009

New Year's Resolutions, Crook Style - Part 9: Amber Lovell

Next up in the interview series is defender Amber Lovell.

El Campo: Good afternoon, Amber. How are you?
Amber Lovell: Hey El Campo. I’m good, thanks.
EC: So as you know, El Campo is interviewing each of the Crooks about their New Year’s resolutions. What are your goals for the team for 2009?
AL: Well, I’ve been giving it some thought, and I really feel that there is a presence lacking on our team - a very hot and sexy presence.
EC: Really.
AL: Yes. Its a bit of a missing link if you will - a seriously hot and sexy missing link. And, well, in 2009 I have resolved to restore this hot and sexy link to the team; For the good of the team, for the success of the league, and for the pure visual enjoyment of the entire District. (pausing dramatically) I don’t know, maybe I’ve been spending too much time on www.Kickette.com, but I just feel our team isn’t quite up to snuff anymore since this… this raw, rugged man left us last year…
EC: Hold on, who exactly are you referring to?
AL: (dreamy-eyed) He’s fiery, he’s passionate… a certifiable stud…
EC: But who…?!
AL: Only the greatest captain this team has ever known! (smiles and winks)
EC: Waaaait, I hope I’m not being presumptuous here, but do you mean… Moose? You’re going to lure back Moose??
AL: Oh yes. Just you wait. I’m going to woo that devilishly handsome Turk back to DC this year. He won’t know what hit him. He’ll be begging to leave grad school before you know it. It’s gonna be wild.
EC: Okay.. so how do you propose to do this?
AL: I’m gonna pull out all the stops – cupcakes, lingerie, videos… the works. I’ve even started learning Turkish love songs during my breaks at school (AL launches into indiscernible Turkish singing)
EC: Wow… well, it seems we're out of time here... thank you for your time Miss. Lovell.
AL: (continues singing… now in a very high pitch. Dogs begin to bark outside)
EC: (yelling over the singing) It was a pleasure talking to you! Thanks again!

Stay tuned to find out about Katie Horgan’s new "skill"…

No comments: