Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Resolutions, Crook Style - Part 3: Joanne Breznay

Rounding out the triumvirate, we continue our New Years interview series today with co-triumverate captainess, Joanne Breznay.

El Campo: Good afternoon, Joanne.
Joanne Breznay: ‘Sup El-C! Yo, check it- (JB gets up and dances for a few minutes) Yea yea..
EC: Wow, impressive! What- uh, what was that?
JB: It’s crunkin’. It’s the latest craze to hit the CV. Pretty fly, right?
EC: The CV?
JB: Colonial Village!
EC: Oh. Right. So I take it this is what you’ve been keeping yourself busy with during the off-season?
JB: (wiping sweat from her brow) Yea, that and the Lockin’. I mastered Poppin’ over the Thanksgiving break, now I’m just adding a few more moves to my repertoire. Say word.
EC: It’s good to see you’re staying active. Now, I came here today to ask you about your New Year’s resolutions. What are your goals for the 2009 Crook season? Any big plans?
JB: You just mean legal stuff, right? Cuz I got some plans I don’t think El-C needs to know about--
EC: --Let’s keep it clean Joanne.
JB: Aight, aight… ha, I was just playin’ with ya there, I don’t know anything about no bank robbery plans-
EC: Joanne! Please!
JB: Right. (clearing throat) Yes. I do have a few goals for my upcoming Crook season. For one, I’d like to really help out in the community more. Volunteer at soup kitchens. Pick up trash at local parks. I’d also like the Crooks to get involved in some after-school activities during the week, like working with children to rehabilitate sick puppies and kittens back to health so we can send them to poor countries that can’t afford loving healthy pets.
EC: That’s beautiful.. what a wonderful sentiment.
JB: Thank you.
EC: Any other goals for 2009?
JB: Well, I do have one more..
EC: And what is that? Donating blood, perhaps? Helping the homeless?
JB: Not exactly… Do you remember the guy in the red shorts that tripped me during a match back in August?
EC: Vaguely.. sure, why?
JB: (dead serious) He better sleep with one eye open, that’s all. (JB makes a shooting gesture with hand)
EC: (jaw-dropped) Um. I think that’s all we have time for today.. thanks-for-your-time-I’m-sorry-I-really-have-to-go (running out the door)

Up next- Logan Kendall (if that’s really his name..)

3 comments:

A. Lovell said...

All of that community service does not count if it is part of a plea bargain!

snydertm said...

This is great stuff, Joanne. Keep it up. I want the Inside the Crooks expose of Kendall's Kalves.

Bennji said...

the dark side of Breznay. It can be a powerful ally. Size matters not.