Monday, July 16, 2007

Snyder Breaks Ranks; Attempts Serious Discussion

OK, I was hoping we could discuss some plans and strategies for the upcoming season. I know Paris is frothing at the mouth thinking of this idea, but the other Tim is upset that he won't have anything to Google Chat with me about at work anymore....

I'll throw out some ideas, and we'll see where it goes from there.

  1. FORMATION: We have really good attackers, but too often they are stranded. I think a more offensive minded scheme would be better. What about two/three forward, one middley/back and two full back. I dunno... just chucking that out there.
  2. GOAL KICKS: I know I suck at them, but the field is kind of difficult to kick on, especially considering you can only kick it on one half of the field. I think we should defend the crap out of the goal kicks early in the first half to get some quick opportunities. It'll take the other team a while to adjust (I hope) and we could get some good looks.
  3. HYDRATION: There has been lots of talk about this fantastic screw-top Gatorade cooler. Screw that. When I go mountain biking I use a fantastic American invention known as a CamelBak. We could use these and hydrate (stay with me now) while playing. I know, I know... these things are pretty expensive. There are other ways to stay hydrated while playing....
Anyway, I look forward to your input. Go Pink.

1 comment:

Wemby said...

1st. CamelBaks are all fine and dandy, but how are we going to dump them on Mustafa after we finally win?

2. I'd rather beef up the mid-field than the frontline. The field's only 60 yards long, we should be able to get two people who can run up field then run back to defend, esp. if we have plenty of subs. Without a strong midfield and lacking the ability to boot the ball past half court, I don't know how we'd get the ball up to two dedicated strikers. I do like the idea of one dedicated striker though playing just on our side of half field even when we have the ball. that way if we got the ball on defense and were pressured, we could just kick it way down into the opponents end and hope for the best as he/she chases it (hopefully with support coming up from the midfield if we look like we have a chance of winning the ball).

Goal kicks: Maybe we should put one defender standing BEHIND the goalie during goal kicks who runs past him right as the ball is kicked. That way, if it would happen to scoot to a member of the other team, they'd have to beat at least one actual defender as we frantically try to sprint back.