Wednesday, February 4, 2009

New Year's Resolutions, Crook Style - Part 10: Katie Horgan

Up next in the interview series is everything-but-goalie Katie Horgan.

El Campo: Good afternoon, Katie! How are you?
Katie Horgan: (burping) he-hello El Ca-a-amp-o. I’m gg-ood.
EC: Um, are you… ok Katie?
KH: hahaha, I’m just fine. I’m just practicing my belching skills.
EC: Why on earth-
KH: Oh, it’s my New Year’s resolution. Since I’ve had some time off work, I thought I’d pick up a new skill. You know, keep myself well-rounded and all.
EC: I see.
KH: I’ve almost got the whole alphabet down, wanna hear it? (taking a deep breath)
EC: Not rea-
KH (burping) –Ayyy, b-bee, cee, dee, eee, ef, gee, ay-ch, i, ja-jay, kay, ell, em, en, oh, pee, q, ar-rr- (exhaling) Woo! I keep running out of breath at ‘R’ but I’m almost there, right?!
EC: That’s, uh, great… But anyway, yes, it just so happens that I came here to talk to you about resolutions today.
KH: Oh, perfect! I mean, (burping) perr-fect!
EC: Yes, but I was actually interested in New Year’s resolutions pertaining to the team... Do you have any goals for the 2009 season?
KH: Hmm. I’m not really sure. I mean, I’ve been really preoccupied with this belching skill. It takes a lot more time than you’d think. There’s gotta be a way I can apply it to soccer…
EC: It might be a good distraction skill… freak out the other team, you know?
KH: Yes! Exactly! When the ball is being passed to someone on the other team, I’ll just start belch-talking to them and they’ll completely miss the ball! (belching) ohh, its gg-onna b ggg-oo-d!
EC: Yes.. it’ll be.. something alright…
KH: (burping) –Ayyy, b-bee, cee, dee—
EC: --oh, we seem to be out of time. Thanks very much Katie. I’m continually amazed at how bizarre this team really is…
KH: haha, yes, and I’m the normal one!
EC: …right. Thanks again.
KH: (burping) Yooo arr welll-come!


Stay tuned for Justin Sargent’s ambitious goals for 2009!

1 comment:

House PAC said...

glad to know i am using my time so productively